Massage in Schools Australia Inc.(MISA), which was formed in Western Australia in 2005, is a not for profit organisation constituted to further the vision and aims of the International Massage in Schools Association. Officers and committee members give freely of their time and energy to promote the program more widely and support members.
Membership of the Association
Membership is open to those who have completed the Massage in Schools Program Instructor training course. Our members include teachers, principals, teacher assistants, massage therapists, infant massage instructors, childcare workers, pre-school staff, family support staff, school and community nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, educational kinesiologists, children’s activities coordinators and others.
The first year of membership is free to all new Instructors.
Our goal is:
- To provide you with support to become a confident and successful Instructor
- To enhance your chances of successfully introducing the MISP into schools
- To provide a forum for sharing experiences and best practice
- To provide you with ongoing updates on the evolution of the MISP
What are the benefits of membership?
Membership of the Association provides you with:
- A membership number and certificate
- Listing as an Instructor on the MISA website, with phone, email and website link to you for local enquiries
- Support from the Association (Massage in Schools Australia Inc.) to help you with implementing the program
- A secure member-only area on this website where you can access resources, newsletters and news about regional happenings
- Access to professionally produced brochures at very reasonable cost
- A MISP roll-up banner (pictured) that is available for members to use free of charge at events for promotional purposes
- Regular meetings and newsletters
- Possible financial assistance for promotional/publicity/conference events
Perhaps most importantly, members are part of a legally constituted and highly respected international organisation which adds significantly to the credibility of the Massage in Schools Program.
Need to renew your membership?
Current members can download a renewal form here. Please make sure that you post your form to the address shown so we have it for the records. Membership renewals will only be processed on receipt of this form.
A renewal form will be forwarded to members each year.
Memberships that have not been renewed 3 months following the due date will be deemed to have lapsed.
MISA is a member of the National Centre Against Bullying, an initiative of the Alannah and Madeline Foundation, and shares its vision of creating caring communities for children.
Massage in Schools Australia Incorporated is registered with the Western Australia Department of Consumer & Employment Protection Associations Incorporated Act 1987. Registration number A1012690K.
The Association’s postal address is:
Massage in Schools Australia Inc.
PO Box 275
Dongara WA 6525